The City is required to submit an annual report to the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC) as part of being covered under the State Pollutant Discharge and Elimination System (SPDES) General Permit for Storm Water Discharges from MS4s. There are six minimum stormwater management control measures involved in the report:
- Public education and outreach
- Public participation and involvement
- Illicit discharge detection and elimination
- Construction site storm water runoff control
- Post-construction stormwater management
- Pollution prevention and good housekeeping practices for municipal operations
A copy of the most recent report can be obtained by contacting the Department of Public Works at 585-396-5060.