Tree Advisory Board
- The August meeting will take place on August 9, 2023
- 6:30 pm
- 1st Wednesday of every month
- City Hall
2 North Main Street
Canandaigua, NY 14424
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Ellen Polimeni
- Bill Mehls
- Laura Ouimette
- David Poteet
- Berna Ticonchuk
- Judi Cermak
- Elizabeth Hanes
- Shawn Kenaley
- Torsten Rhode (emeritus)
Mayor Ellen Polimeni appointed the first Tree Advisory Board in early 2011 to solidify our standing as a Tree City USA.
In 2022, Canandaigua celebrated its 30th year as a Tree City USA.
Help us celebrate every year at our Arbor Day tree planting on Friday, April 29th at 1 pm each year.
The mission of the City of Canandaigua is to increase, protect, strengthen, and maintain the health, beauty, quantity, diversity, and vitality of Canandaigua's urban forest for the benefit of its citizens and future generations.
Tree Committee duties include:
- Develop and recommend a Public Tree Management Plan
- Work with the parks division of the Department of Public Works governing the management of the City's public trees
- Seek grants and conduct fund-raising to assist the Committee's mission
- Oversee adherence to State and local laws governing trees in parks and on public ways
- Educate the community regarding issues related to the urban forest
- Make a yearly report to the City Council