- Boards & Commissions
- Tree Advisory Board
Tree Advisory Board
- 6:30 pm
- 1st Wednesday of every month
- Hurley Building
205 Saltonstall Street
Canandaigua, NY 14424
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Ellen Polimeni
- Bill Mehls
- Laura Ouimette
- David Poteet
- Berna Ticonchuk
- Judi Cermak
- Pamela Hart
- Elizabeth Hanes
- Shawn Kenaley
- Torsten Rhode (emeritus)
- Stephanie Crim, City Arborist
- John Goodwin, City Manager
Mayor Ellen Polimeni appointed the first Tree Advisory Board in early 2011 to solidify our standing as a Tree City USA.
In 2022, Canandaigua celebrates its 30th year as a Tree City USA. Help us celebrate at our Arbor Day tree planting on Friday, April 29th at 1 pm. Our city arborist and staff will be planting trees at the Seneca Statue corner of 332 and 5 and 20. This is also the 150th anniversary of Arbor Day! Tree saplings will be available for those attending the ceremony.
The mission of the City of Canandaigua is to increase, protect, strengthen, and maintain the health, beauty, quantity, diversity, and vitality of Canandaigua's urban forest for the benefit of its citizens and future generations.
Tree Committee duties include:
- Develop and recommend a Public Tree Management Plan
- Work with the parks division of the Department of Public Works governing the management of the City's public trees
- Seek grants and conduct fund-raising to assist the Committee's mission
- Oversee adherence to State and local laws governing trees in parks and on public ways
- Educate the community regarding issues related to the urban forest
- Make a yearly report to the City Council